Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sprout

I appreciate the guest post, Lindsay Valdez


Every Sunday my daughter, who lives in Amarillo, Texas, calls me to catch up on what has been going on with us during the past week. I always look forward to our chats. My daughter is like one of my best friends now that she has grown up and has a family of her own. I think she looks at me as more of a friend/advisor than the enemy she thought I was when she was a teenager. She is always asking me about recipes, house cleaning tips, and about how to raise a two year old. Of course the highlight of her phone calls is always when I get to talk to my two year old grandson. He is one of the most verbal children I have ever seen. You can actually carry on a conversation with him. The other day his other grandmother was visiting him, and he wanted to open an umbrella in the house. She told him he would have to ask his mommy. He said, “No don’t ask Mommy, as Mimi”. That is his word for me. Spoken like a true genius. Anyway, the last time I talked with him he was telling me about some character he saw on television. He said it was on Sprout. Well my daughter told me later that Sprout is a channel onDirectStarTV that he is totally in love with. Who would ever think you could get such information from a two year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. (: